Friday, February 05, 2010

A Comprehensive Electronic Reference for Circuit Building and Bending


This post is all the shit I should have learn in Electronics 310 in college but didn't cause I didn't go to class, or I was all fubar d when I did go. Moral of the story, you may actually learn some shit in college that is applicable to something you may do. Note- this is the first example in my live of the above statement, with the exception of my music classes.

The DIY Stomp box sites tutorial- very indepth and explains the basic electrnoic ideals behind schematics in stompboxes. They also have a store that you can purchase specific diodes and such.

This site has almost all of the schematic symbols- kaboom, the beauty of the internet is that you don't ever actually have to remember anything

Resistor color codes- cause i am never going to memorize them.

Capacitor Information- there are polarized and non poloraized versions. Polarized typically mark the negative side on the cap, and the positive side on the board (or at least on the last recap adventure I went on.

A pdf on determining Pin 1 on an IC- pin 1 is marked by the circle, and then counter clockwise-

A transistor pin Outs- on a NPN, Emitter- is located on the left side if you are looking at the flat side, Base in the middle, collector on the right, and reverse on the PNP.

A switch tutorial and another one with good laymen explinations- DPDT ect ect- also this link shows how to wire up a full bypass with a DPDT (you make a loop back on pins 1 and 4) which I will use a lot in making effects.

When you are doing most DIY effects pedal building, use 1/4W Resistors.

A Germanium Diode example- 1N276- cause they don't sell them at the shack

ExpressPCB- a schematic and PCB layout freeware, this will help in designing my own mods, and applying them to the cheap PCB boards I can get at the RS.

A pictorial soldering guide and de-soldering guide- note- as much as you want to touch the solder to the iron, don't do it, per my boss at works guidance.

No comments: