Monday, January 11, 2010

KU Bell Tower Recording


I am thinking about making a collection of field recordings of Bell Towers. When I lived in Sevilla, I always thought it would be cool to do that with the Giralda, but I didn't have the gear to do it proper. KU's bell tower is one of the most notable buildings on campus, and it rings, and I have my gear. I also was smoking in Kansas City the other day on a my friends deck and heard anothe ring in the distance (near Westport)and I thought it would be a good project to work on. Below is a link to my first try on this.


Signal Path= Audio Technica Pro 37, Lexicon Lambda, Cubase SE. I did limit the recording, but did not reduce any gain (I mainly used a limiter to normalize the track). In mono. I was about 100ft or so from the bell tower on a cold ass day, 01-10-2010 at 6pm (dusk this time of year) with the mic on the trunk of my car. At around 16 secs in to the recording, you can hear a car drive by on this sandy snow mush that is on the ground right now.

KU Bell Tower Field Recording- 01-10-2010 6pm

No comments: