Wednesday, December 30, 2009

sqrt(ur mother) live set @ Replay 12.22.09




here are some pics and video from a live set I played at the Replay in Lawence KS on 12.22.09. It was the first sighting of my electronic drum set that I built. I had a 3 piece trigger set, another single trigger hooked up to a 12" Jane Fonda Record that only made a gong sound (and I only hit it with a gong mallet to be dramatic), and the usual arsenal of midi controllers, delays, and feedback paraphernalia. All in all it was a real fine day. Also to note, I had a flight out of town for the holidays the next morn at 7am, so given the driving time to the airport, having to get there early, and the fact that I didn't leave the club until 2am, I didn't go sleep. Yet, it was still way worth it. On a side note, I was working on this kit in the warehouse that we turned into a club after the cops shut us down. Funny story about that place, some dude killed himself in that warehouse by running his car. After the club was finished, I worked on some drum building there, usually alone pretty late at night. Freaked me out.







No comments: