Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pond Time Lapse and Links



The wife likes taking photos, so we got a Canon T3 to move up from the point and shoot cameras we have used in the past. I took a swing at making one (see above), throwing rocks into a little pond near my house. I used the Canon EOS Utility via a USB cable (although I did rig up my old TI-85 and a 2.5mm stereo cable to act as an intervalometer via these instructions). I took pictures every 5 seconds, and put it together at 10fps with "Time Lapse Assembler for Mac" freeware. It was a pretty neat project, and I plan on doing many many more moving forward. My inspiration for this was RD Willis. I always love the Sunday Night Football cityscape time lapses done by RD Willis (see videos below) in addition to some of the other awesome ones I have seen . Check out the 2012 SNF collection.

 

No comments: