Friday, February 10, 2012

Beach Boys and Pet Sound Links


In my recording adventures, I run across albums and bands who have a great influence on the musicians I am recording.  Beach Boys Pet Sounds is a record I use as a reference and for brainstorming purpose.  Below are some links I found while digging a little deeper into this album.  These links aren't just for Pet Sounds, and this post will be my general landing page for all things Beach Boys.

-Pet Sounds Wiki Page-
-Track Notes- This site gives good notes one each track, including some production info.
-GearSlutz Post on Vocal Sound-
-Mike Love's The Making of Pet Sounds-
-Sessions List- A great who did what on what
-A discussion by Steve Hoffman on Mono vs Stereo Reissues-
-A CNN Article on Brian Wilson from Jan 2012-

No comments: