Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CD, DVD, and Envelope Templates


I have a black and white laserjet printer,  so it isn't very expensive for me to do short run printing at my house.  There are tons of places online that have pdf templates for download to important into a photo editing program.  These templates are helpful when you are making custom/artzy packaging, like my paint splattered CD envelopes made from sheet music above (I am working on an ambient release).  Below are the ones I use, mainly so I don't have to keep googling it and remembering which ones I like.

a side note- once you have a design and save it as a pdf, make sure you don't auto rotate or shrink.

CD Label templateWorld Label has a  8.5x11 versions of the catty corner and down the middle CD labels. in addition to other random CD sizes.

CD Envelope-  this and a gluestick and you are golden. 

The Disc Wizard site is one of many different replication houses that have pdf templates of various DVD and CD packaging and is a good resource for the rest of the packaging you may need.

And per The Music Void's recommendation-

Cassette Templates- one on 8.5x11 and another showing the dimensions

1 comment:

The Music Void said...

I have always believed the DIY scene is the best for true music especially playing in a punk band, however, this video interview with Michael Gudinski, Owner of The Mushroom Group has an interesting take on the validity of DIY musicians http://bit.ly/9RuhrF