Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gear Mods and Fixes


I told one of my boys that I would look up some of his gear that either needs a fix up or a mod.

Alesis Powered Monitors- they have a busted capacitor on them- this shouldn't be too hard, and I may try just draining the capacitor too, if I don't see burn marks and such like in this article. This post tells the values to get-

MXR Blue Box- The C11 Mod with a switch (by noise fx)- this seems to be defacto- this article shows how to put a switch in line, but you can also just cut that mo fo C11 cap off.- Update, I did clip the cap off of this, and it made the sustain much longer and the out put a lot hotter. This is really easy and I can step someone through it on the phone.

The Tubescreamer ts9 mod- make it sound like a ts808, and a company that does this.

Digitech PDS 1002 Delay-

Digitech PDS2000 Sampler-

Analogman.com- a company that does pedal mods

No comments: